Sunday, March 15, 2009

Re Re Re-Introduction

I turn 27 this month. This is less intimidating than 25 for some reason. I think it is because I've had enough time to stare down 30, and 30 and I have come to accept each other, begrudgingly.

I left law school last month because I didn't like the way that I saw myself after law school. Me during law school wasn't a model of contentment, either.

There is a little regret, mostly because I left something unfinished. I'm studying for the GRE and looking at some Marketing/ Communication oriented degrees and I feel like I'm looking in the right area.

It's just like looking in the pantry, you know you're looking on the right shelf but you cant find what you want. I bet it's right in front of me like so much granola.

Dana!!!! Where's the....... rest of my life? You see it anywhere?

You know, my fantasy has always been to make movies. I don't know if I have the stones to go that far out on a limb. Plus, the rumor on the street is that a steady pay check is a nice thing to keep close. What kind of movies would I make, I wonder? Comedy? Tragedy? Tromedy? Cragedy? I'd wreck in France, I know it.

This is such a weird time in my life. I have so many things that I've wanted for so long and I find myself taking a huge step back. I'm moved by what I hope is foresight. I think I have the good sense to make corrections now so I don't have to make larger corrections in the future.

This feels familiar, though. I tend to go to blogging or journaling when the treads get bare. It feels natural but it comes too infrequently. Maybe it's for the best. If I wrote any more than I do I'd be a committed writer and who the hell wants that? Bleh.

What I do know is that I'm thankful for a generous and patient family. I'm glad I have a forgiving, tough and beautiful girlfriend. I have friends who inspire me and youth on my side.

Well, I have family a great girl and friends anyway.

Now, gotta run- I have to do some laundry and study for the GRE.

Don't forget your umbrella.

No comments: