Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My deep, dark secret

My dog sucks my ear lobes. I don't willingly let her do it, but as I sit on the couch in a television induced stupor, I snap back to reality when a dog tongue reaches my ear drum, or I feel the greedy suckling of a hungry puppy at my ear lobe. I really hope my ear lobes don't look like dog teats. That might actually bring down my self esteem. There's no preparing for that one ahead of time. You just have to deal with whether or not your ears look like canine reproductive organs.

We got ATT U-Verse yesterday. The set up took quite a long time, but the DVR's geek factor made it worthwhile. I only have one concern about our new cable system: there is a bright blue light on the cable box that never turns off. It isn't noticeable at all while you're watching tv, but once the lights are off, and you're comfortably in bed, you can't help but feel like you're being video taped. Or maybe like you're looking into a movie projector. Or being abducted by aliens. Or maybe you CAN take too much NyQuil and all of this is just an unsettling episode.

But since there was no NyQuil involved last night, the blue light was in fact annoying as all hell. Not ALL hell, just the ring of fire where the devil tortures you with his handy dandy pen light. The only solution was to put a pair of socks over the light, to which Dana commented, just as I was drifting off, "I hope those don't catch on fire." Thanks babe. I'm desperately trying to avoid dreaming about being molested by the family dog and now I have to deny the fear that our house might burn down.

Reader, when you go into a slump, when life becomes mundane or frustrating, you have to look for the humor in your day. It's often in the details, or in the akward, slobbery affection of an amorous pooch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dude, get some back electrical tape for your paranoia...

actually, if the blue light goes away, so does your picture and sound...which is scarier???