Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Helping me overcome social akwardness series: Music


I love music, but chances are I don't know as much about it as you do. So, I need your help. Where do you go to get the latest news on music and pop culture? Post your comments, shoot an email or get in touch via Facebook. Thanks guys.




Here are the sites I use:

Rolling Stone
The standby

ENVY
The hot rookie on the block. Let Melissa school you on pop culture, album reviews and more. Proceed with caution, her wit is sharp.

Houston Chronicle
The local

Houston Press
The not so underground

Examiner.com

The shameless plug.


Your Suggestions


Thanks Mark: The man with the untouchable iPod himself suggested these awesome sites:

pitchfork.com
I thought Mark was recruiting for his cult again, but I was wrong- even though the odds were on my side. Pitchfork.com keeps you at the forefront with free tracks from up-and-comers as well as news and updates on our favorites. Which reminds me, I need to download the new Gorillaz album.

aquariumdrunkard.com
Blog covers a lot of indie stuff. The site has a great layout and the art content alone makes a visit worthwhile.

avclub.com

Covers the whole gambit: tv, film, movies and books. Really great reviews and interviews with some major stars. Just underground enough to make you cool.

1 comment:

Mark Carrell said...

pitchfork.com, aquariumdrunkard.com and avclub.com all excellent sites